5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 8:12 AM by multipl3x

Alert on UDP via OID?

multipl3x

I am trying to alert on conditions of the OID's

&

More specifically the first interval which would be

&

Here is what I have written:

But this does not seem to catch anything or alert.

I can SNMPWALK the general OID and get values, as well as the more specific OID and get values, and they are values which aught to meet or exceed the conditions.

What am I doing wrong here?

• Re: Alert on UDP via OID?
          automag928

Just out of curiosity - have you tried under the right hand top down (the three lines with the down arrow) , and hit show swql - then goto http://yoururlforyourswpage/Orion/Admin/swis.aspx and paste that swql query in there and see the results you.  You can also work with the SWQL query and section out the different parts of your trigger condition, this may help identify where or why you aren't seeing the results you are expecting.

multipl3x

Hi Jay I tried this today; was not quite sure what to select from the "Select Entity" markdown box - seems I keep getting Server error: "Error: A query to the SolarWinds Information Service failed."
            Thanks for the suggestion though.

automag928

You dont have to select anything in the "Select Entity" drop down.  Just copy and paste that swql query into the open box, overwriting whatever is in there then hit execute query.

multipl3x

Hello again Jay, I tried this - no entries came up under Uri and DisplayName

I must be structuring this incorrectly.

multipl3x

I am starting to think that there could be two potential reasons for this. The first might very well be that the OID as I have it now is specific i.e. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.715.1.1.6.1.12.10027.1 which I will note that when I try to build as a custom poller itself when testing against my equipment it will tell me "the OID is not supported" - so since I am not actually using the OID specifically I will not return any data from the database based on how the query is built.

The second problem is that the original "less-specific" OID returns a set of 3 values based on 3 time intervals. Just building the alert based on the OID itself wont be enough to trigger it because it returns three values. Without a way to build the alert to delineate between which value we are concerned about to trip our alarm, it's just not going to happen. The problem is I am not quire sure how to tell Orion how to do that.