This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Copy A View Tab?

Does anyone know of a way to copy/duplicate a tab in a view, complete with the added resources? I may be missing something obvious, but haven't found a way to do this and it would save me TONS of time.

I'm building a view with multiple left navigation tabs, but find it extremely tedious to keep having to add all the resources, set column sizes, etc. every time I add a new one. I have over 60+ tabs to add and they all utilize the same exact resources, so it would be nice to just duplicate/copy an existing tab and then modify it.

I've figured out how to add a tab to the view via SQL, but it obviously doesn't include any of the resources I'd like to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• I think Inside the view manager have a option.

• That will let you copy a view. I don't see a way to copy a tab on a view from there...

• I haven't seen a way of doing it either. I usually just duplicate all the resources in the original tab, then I move all those duplicates to the new tab.

This would be a good feature idea.

Here's a similar idea

• Good idea superfly, I didn't think about moving the resources to another tab. That'll have to do for now, and should help speed up things somewhat. Thanks!

• Ok, so let me put it this way, Is there a way to create a new group/view (not sure the difference) and then replicate the alerts, etc... and then add the servers?

I am about as skilled at this as a golden retriever... Where should I start? I took this on as a challenge and now am wondering why I didn't learn not to volunteer after I joined the navy... O_o

• In the api there is a verb to clone a view, that creates a new view with all the same numbers of columns and widths and in the same viewgroup, which makes it a new tab, but it has no resources.   Then there's also a verb for copy resources into a view.  The nice thing if you aren't a powershell user you can call those verbs directly from the SWQL studio tool if you install that.  I OFTEN just go in there and do the kinds of things you are describing in swql studio if it's a one-off that I don't want to script but want it to be faster than using the gui.