2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 2:33 PM by cjfranca

SolarWinds Server Health Monitor - Crashes on Initial Setup

mtiminer

Today I received an email announcing a free product called "SolarWinds Server Health Monitor". I think this would be a good tool to get some small organizations familiar with the SolarWinds name and product family. That being said, I installed it on a host and set it up to monitor 1 ESXi server and 2 virtual machines (wmi). After configuring, the dashboard is blank, and an error comes up that says "SolarWinds Server Health Monitor has encountered an error and must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". The install is on a Win2k8r2 host. Any ideas?

BTW, this is my first real Thwack post, so if there is a better place for this please let me know. I tried going into the Product Forums, but there was no product of "SolarWinds Server Health Monitor" in the drop down list selection.

Application log reports:

Application: ServerHealthMonitor.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AggregateException

Stack:

at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

Faulting application name: ServerHealthMonitor.exe, version: 1.0.0.333, time stamp: 0x562f3bc4

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c41f

Faulting process id: 0x1588

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1158c39d5a9fb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\ServerHealthMonitorTool\ServerHealthMonitor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 1b1ed8ea-8182-11e5-9270-000c29dc9be0