1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 4:20 PM by swbradbury

DMRC starts in Stand Alone Mode, not Centralized

denniseaton

Hello,

I’ve been asked to evaluate DameWare to see if it will do what my company needs it to do. I am using your 14 day trial versions. On my virtual machines I have installed:

(1) DameWare Administration Console

(2) DameWare Mini Remote Control

(3) DameWare Remote Support

I have the DameWare Remote Support tool integrated with Active Directory in my VM environment.  Everything looks to be okay. But when I launch DMRC it appears to launch in Stand Alone Version, instead of displaying the “DameWare Central Server Connection” popup and asking me for DameWare credentials, as in the screenshot below which I found on the internet:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 9.36.10 AM.png

I note that the DameWare Server Administration Console shows that I have 0 users enabled for DameWare Mini Remote Control Centralized.... I suspect this is related:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 3.18.58 PM.png

Can someone point me in the right direction?  How do I get DMRC to launch in Centralized mode?

Thanks in Advance

• Re: DMRC starts in Stand Alone Mode, not Centralized
          swbradbury

I recently ran into similar problems and found that it was a two-fold issue.

1) Make sure that you are using the EXE or MSI that does NOT have "-St" on the end of the filename (I.e. - DamewareRS-St.exe). The "-St" files are (apparently) the standalone only installers and rdo not accept the Centralized Server command line switches. I had to contact tech support to get the EXE files w/o "-St"

2) If you happen to be using the EXE to install, and are trying the command line arguments supplied in the article here: Installing Mini Remote Control or Remote Support from the Command Line , I found that it contains a superflous " in the command line line after the 'SILENT=yes' parameter. This needs to be removed. Otherwise, you are actually 'cutting off' all the Central Server parameters and they are not processed.
          DWRSCLI.jpg

Hopefully this help.

SWBradbury