3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 9:03 AM by userunnown

Alert based on a table produced from a custom poller

userunnown

I have been reading through the forums for a while now and can't really find what I am looking for. I am monitoring a Cisco ASA. The ASA supports two VPN tunnels . Both tunnels operate independently and may or may not be up at any given time. I have found a poller (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171.1.2.3.1.7 cikeTunRemoteValue) which when set to return a table, will tell me the IP addresses associated with each tunnel when the tunnel is up. I get one address when one tunnel is up and another address if the other tunnel is up, or both addresses if both tunnels are up. Basically, the returned table could have 0, 1, or 2 values (IPs) returned. I would like to have an alert set up so that when one tunnel is down (one IP address isn't reported on the table), I would get an alert.

I thought I had it working at one point by check specifically for the IP address I wanted to monitor. For several days, only the tunnel I wanted alarmed was up, and thus, was the only value returned on the table. However, when both tunnels are up and I have two values returned on the table, my alert fires off as if the tunnel I want monitored isn't up at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set up an alert to parse through a table looking for a value?