2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 3:17 PM by blashmet

Simple Email Report (w/ latest versions of approved patches)

blashmet

I'd like to create a simple report that gets emailed to me every morning that looks like this:

Patch NamePatch Version
      Adobe Air16.0.0.245
      Shockwave12.1.6.156
      Chrome39.0.2171.99
      Etc...Etc...

My goal is to get a report that lists the latest patch versions that we have approved. Coincidentally, this will just be all of the published third party packages (since I remove old ones after I release a new batch), so if it makes it easier to just email all published third party packages then that will work too.

I currently get an email with a .zip file that contains a .csv file, which lists all the systems that have the update approved (hundreds of lines).  However, I just want a simple table in my email that lists each update and its version, letting me know the latest versions that we have approved.

Any idea how to set this up?

Thanks!

• Re: Simple Email Report (w/ latest versions of approved patches)
          kellytice

You should be able to build a report from the WSUS Reports -> Windows Server Update Services folder to accomplish this kind of list (all currently published 3rd party updates).

Go to WSUS Reports -> Windows Server Update Services and create a New Report under that folder.

You'll want to add the Update Title field from the Updates datasource.

You'll want to add a filter for the Update Source field from the Updates datasource.   The filter condition you'd want to use would be DOES NOT EQUAL  MicrosoftUpdate

You have the option of adding in other fields to the report (like Classification, Update Arrival Date, or Update Release Date for example).

Here is my report definition:

2015-10-30 15_48_02-10.199.7.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

...and here is my result set:

2015-10-30 15_44_32-10.199.7.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png