3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 2:22 PM by jhciotti

Partial List of All VLANs

jhciotti

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue and figured I'd ask here before opening a support ticket. We run Brocade (formerly Foundry) hardware and I am having an issue where on a given node, it is only reporting some of the VLANs on the device and not all of them. In the interface list in the Summary page it reports the Assigned VLAN field as blank even though I can verify that the VLAN is assigned. Just looking for some possible input to assist in figuring out the problem.

• Re: Partial List of All VLANs
          professionalusername

Could be the the topology data being collected for that device isn't being polled correctly.  Download the demo for the Engineer's toolset and use the switchport mapper to view what topology data is being received. 

Matthew Hawks

Loop1 Systems

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            jhciotti

So it looks like any of our switches configured in Brocade's IronStack topology ends up erroring out at least on the Switch Port Mapper tool. I am getting statistics and information on the ports through NPM, but it looks like there may an issue with the MIBs or with the information received from the switch that it doesn't know what to do with. Opening a ticket with SW.

jhciotti

After a few months of back and forth with support we've discovered that this is indeed a bug in the software that will have to be fixed. The SNMP data is being polled correctly, but not getting passed correctly to all the functions.