This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting access denied applying Solarwinds 6.2 Hotfix

I have logged into the CMC and ran the scriptupgrade and enter the network path which is  \\serverip\solar. I am getting acces denied when it is trying to mount the share. I have windows permission setup as loose as possible in the share. I have ensured the share path is short as listed above. The appliance is on a management network with no domain or dns but I can ping it from the share server fine. I have accessed it through the console and putty with the same results. Any solutions?

• Sorry forgot to mention it is mount error(13): Permission denied if that helps

• Is that truly the root of the share?  Also, do you have "Everybody" listed in the share permissions?  What about the NTFS permissions?  Any access lists in there that might be preventing it?

• It is the share. I have moved the hotfix folder up to C:\LEM-v6.2.0-Hotfix1 and shared the manager folder out so when I connect to the share I am connecting to \\<ipaddress>\manager. I have gone as far as to give everyone full control and list them in the share permissions as well as adding the user account being used to have full control and a member of the administrators group. I think the NTFS permissions are correct based on the allowing everyone full control.

• Did you get this figured out? I'm having the same issue? I'm assuming the manager folder is what the upgrade is looking for.

• I got this to work. Had to copy the script directory and the two files inside the manager folder directly to root share and then it worked.

• That's right, I forgot about that.  Their instructions need to be more clear.  You actually have to move the files into the share for it to work even though the instructions say to just move the whole directory into it...

• Thanks all,

I had not figured it out. I had even spoke with Solarwinds support and they mentioned some root access to fix the issue but it turned out that applying the hotfix was not as urgent as originally thought, so I will wait until the next release to work any issues.

energized with this new information I have to try and get the hotfix updated anyway emoticons_happy.png. So by root, which root do I need to copy the files to appliance or share?

• You don't need root access...  Since the files are going to be in the root of a Windows Share, all you need to do is setup the share to allow "Everyone" Read/Write access.  That's all.  And of course, as user blackpa pointed out put the actual items from inside of the folder into the root, not the entire directory itself as the instructions state.  I don't even think its possible to get root access to the LEM appliance.  As far as I know the CMC user is all you have.