This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Java 8u66??

FormerMember
FormerMember

It appears there's an issue with the latest Java update in Patchmanager.  Patchmanager is looking for Java 8u66, but the latest one you can download from Java's website is 8u65 so it won't accept my offline install file because it's not named properly.

• Oracle released Java 8u65 and 8u66 at the same time. 8u66 is available from Oracle's download site Java SE - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle‌.I am not sure what is available on Java.com. Those downloads should not be used in the enterprise regardless since they include bundled software like the Ask toolbar.

• Im not sure if its just me but even with the proper downloads it still doesnt accept the java installer.  I put in a support ticket but got someone who english is not their primary language and has no clue what im talking about, which is odd since the tech support is usually very good, but this guy was useless.

Anyway, long story short I have to still use the workaround to edit the package and tell it what file to use even though it has it listed already

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to frgpugs

Mine worked fine, for both.  I guess we are just going to push 66... Anyone have insight into why they released 2 versions in one day?

• for 8u60 they released it 6 times in 3 days.  Im not sure what Sun changes but they make a change and then solarwinds development has to package it up again and release it.

• Looking at this again I see you asked why they released 2 versions in 1 day.  While they revise the versions they release constantly just as they release them, they also do this two version thing now and have done so since version 8.  They say that 8u65 contains all patches and 8u66 contains all patches plus additional features.  Im not sure what but I always push out the second version.

Btw, I also could not publish it and had to use the workaround of editing the package and inserting the right file.  Solarwinds support blames it on Java developers.

• Do you have a link to this work around or an explanation of what you did? I'm running into the same issue right now.

• right click on the package you want to change and select edit

11-13-2015 1-13-07 PM.jpg

Then click next a few times until you get to the packageboot screen.  Youll want to click where the arrow shows for i already have the file and select the update you want to include in this package.  Then just click next and publish it.

123.jpg