5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 9:17 AM by silverbacksays

Nodes Thresholds not working properly

Vijay Raje

I have set custom Thresholds for memory as below

Capture.JPG

Still we are getting warning for this node.Kindly let me know, how can clear this.

Capture.JPG

• Re: Nodes Thresholds not working properly
          silverbacksays

Hi vijay.raje@eclinicalworks.com,

The top image is from the edit node screen,and those thresholds will only apply to the single node you are editing.  The bottom is from the 'Top 10' for memory usage, which looks at every node in your Orion database. For the thresholds to take effect globally, you'll need to edit the 'Orion Thresholds' in settings to reflect those you refer to in the top image.

Hope that helps.

Vijay Raje

But I don't want to change threshold globally. I just changed it for one node.

So it should be apply on that node in every TOP 10 view.

If that node is having 90 % memory utilization, but custom threshold is set to 95 % for warning. There should be green color for that node in top 10 view not yellow color.

This is my question.

silverbacksays

Ok, it wasn't clear what you were showing in those pictures

If you have set a custom threshold for the device, it should be treated differently within the top x resources. When you look at the node properties view for that device, is the CPU usage gauge showing the appropriate colour? In other words, if it's below 95% usage, it should be green.

If not, then your custom thresholds are not being used.

Vijay Raje

CPU utilization never reached to that level, so can't gauge.

Case#882915 has been addressed for the same issue just now only.

Below is response from solarwinds tech.

This is a known issue in NPM 11.5. This issue will be fixed in next version of NPM. Unfortunately there is not workaround for this issue right now. As your initial question has been answered, we shall close this ticket. If this issue resurfaces or you disagree with the information that I have given you I will be happy to reopen the case and work on it or advance to a higher tier.