1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 5:29 AM by mark88

LEM - Client Reports

byrona

We are currently using LEM in an environment where it is collecting log data for several of our clients.  I need a way to easily deliver reports to clients for the logs from just their systems; in trying to accomplish this I have found two major problems:

1. Being able to generate reports (or scheduled searches) on specific groups of systems isn't easily configured and maintained
      2. Delivering the data to the client seems generally challenging

I really need to be able to solve this problem or I will ultimately need to abandon LEM for a different solution.

Any suggestions or help on this would be greatly appreciated; thanks!

• Re: LEM - Client Reports
          mark88

We have a multi-tenant deployment as well and find the reporting is a big challenge.  LEM is quite good at collecting and reporting on events IF you have a very simple deployment for a single tenant (i.e. not an enterprise level product).  After many hours toil with LEM Reports I found a way to create custom filtered reports (not for the faint of heart so be warned).

I'd recommend checking out the following thread - Reports by user

...and the following KB (although I'm still looking for a way to edit the file properites to get this to display correctly in LEM Reports console) - http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/2692/Creating+a+Custom+Filtered+Report

Good luck getting what you want from the reports, I'll follow this thread and if you need any pointers then just reply and I'll get back to you when I can.

Mark