This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WHD Action Rule to send Email on certain Priorities

New to WHD (But not Solarwinds) and just got our instance finally running happy about 2 weeks ago. One thing I wanted to do was send a separate email when Urgent tickets were created. It's actually an email to a cell phone number, ie XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com, so we can set the helpdesk's email as having a special SMS ringtone so we're waken up when Urgent tickets are created (I've used this in the past with other ITSM systems with great success).

Long story short - I know the emailing works fine when sending from my own email account to the exact same address I have configured in my Action Rule, but my Action Rule just doesn't do a thing. This seems like it should be extremely simple yet just won't work.

The setup of my action rule is below. I've tried playing with the options on the Action Rule Info page to no avail. Any idea why this seemingly simple task is failing?

- Pete

attachments.zip
  • Nothing jumps out as obviously wrong with the way you have it all set up.

I would remove the criteria for "when status is Open" since you already have the other setting to only trigger at ticket creation and that should be all that's needed there.

Also, i don't believe that the tags will work in the subject of the email (but those tags will work in the "template" section of the email). 

You might try making those changes and see if it has any effect.  Otherwise you may need to open a support ticket.

• Hmm, no dice. I had originally tried without the Status requirement anyway, that was just something I added to test. I removed that and took all the variables out of the subject and moved them into the template with no luck, guess it's back to Support...

• We had a issue when we sent this up also.  Check your email server logs/span filters to make sure the email you are sending from in the sending from in the help desk is a trusted email address.