This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to Hide Custom Pollers from Universal Device Poller Status resource...or create a similar view

I was given a list of OID's to pull from devices.  Each one of the OID's was returned in a format that needed to be transformed (e.g. the value returned is 123, and the transformed value needed to be 12.3 because the raw value is in a convenient 1/10ths of a standard unit).

I created a Transform for each OID, and selected to "hide" the raw data being polled from the Web Console views via Web Display -> Hide in the Custom Poller Creater UI.

This works great for all the charts that are displayed, but the customer really likes the data in both charts and a summary table.  I added the "Universal Device Poller Status" resource to the node view and  all of the "hidden" poller data items show up.  Which looks like this:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas on how to get a summary table like this that will *not* show the "hidden" pollers (which are all the awkwardly named ones I thought no one would be seeing: linkLossRawVal, receiveRateKBps, receivePowerx10, ...... wirelessLinkAvailabilityx1000, )?

Bonus points if there's a way to get the units next to the data value

• Did you ever have any luck with this?

• Did you manage to come up with an alternative solution at all?

• Nope emoticons_sad.png.  The only thing I came up was:

Make up a prefix to put in front of all the metric names I *don't* want to see so all of those metrics get grouped together and drop to the bottom of the table. I used something like 'z_raw_'.  From the screenshot above, I did something like:

ReceivePower -42.8

VectorError -35.4

z_raw_ReceivePower  -428

z_raw_VectorError -354

I also figure once the day comes I can hide these, it will be easier to hunt them down.

Another thought: I have 0 knowledge of how to do this, but there are Orion resources that allow you to create custom queries into Orion, and some that let you generate custom HTML.  Maybe create a custom resource that queries Orion ( via the published SWIS API) for the metrics I wanted and spit them out in some basic format (hopefully a table).  If it was an HTML resource it opens up more possibilities (jQuery, CSS, javascript, logic...)  than just spitting out the query data.  The issues I see is it might be hard to figure out how to make the queries to find the data, it may be slower than the built in "universal device poller status" resource, and it's more complexity to maintain.

Another idea, and it was only a thought, was to write some sort of small javascript code to inject/add to into the Orion node pages that would "hide" the data rows containing 'z_raw_' fields.  This goes outside of what I am willing to do for this, but it seemed like an interesting idea.  If I were willing to go this far I'd probably do similar things to implement some of the small "feature requests" I have submitted emoticons_happy.png that deal with formatting data/etc. that don't have a lot of upvotes.

• You can do this with a Custom Query resource:

pastedImage_3.png

This was generated with the following SWQL query:

SELECT cp.UniqueName, cpsn.Status, TOSTRING(HOUR(TOLOCAL(DateTime))) + ':' + TOSTRING(MINUTE(DateTime)) AS [Last Poll Time]

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollers cp

JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatusOnNodeScalar cpsn

ON cp.CustomPollerID = cpsn.CustomPollerID

WHERE NodeID = ${NodeID}

GROUP BY cp.UniqueName, cpsn.Status, DateTime

If you want to disregard certain UnDPs, you could just exclude them in the WHERE statement as such (this example excludes the battery temperate in Celsius):

SELECT cp.UniqueName, cpsn.Status, TOSTRING(HOUR(TOLOCAL(DateTime))) + ':' + TOSTRING(MINUTE(DateTime)) AS [Last Poll Time]

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollers cp

JOIN Orion.NPM.CustomPollerStatusOnNodeScalar cpsn

ON cp.CustomPollerID = cpsn.CustomPollerID

WHERE NodeID = ${NodeID} AND cp.UniqueName <> 'APCSmartUPSAdvBatteryTemperature'

GROUP BY cp.UniqueName, cpsn.Status, DateTime

Which yields:

pastedImage_2.png

- blsanner

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• That's awesome.  Can you rename the table from "Custom Query" to something useful such as "UPS Stats"?

• Yes, when you are editing the Custom Query resource to enter the query, simply change the title to whatever you would like:

pastedImage_0.png