This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Manager action repeated every 7 days not working.

Hi,

Having trouble setting up a reoccurring "test" alert every friday at 12:00 PM, this is to make sure alert manager is operational.

The alert I've set up is pretty straight forward, it's set to trigger if Node ID is equal to 57 which is a core router so is always up. The alert is set to monitor the network object every day 00:00 - 23:59.

Trigger action is set to send e-mail from 12:00 - 12:01 each friday. And "Execute this action repeatedly while the alert is triggered" is checked and set to 7 days.

If I clear the alert triggers it will send out e-mails just fine the first coming friday, but it never reoccurs. I've tried tests with smaller reoccurrence windows of 5 - 10 minutes and that worked fine as well however 7 days just won't send the next coming friday.

Am I missing something?

Anyone know of any other way to make sure alert manager sends out e-mails weekly on a specific day and time?

• What is the reset trigger set to?

If the alert trigger can be seen, then it won't alert on it again until the alert trigger clears. Which is why it works when you manually clear it. You need to find a way to have the trigger alert clear itself, that way your alert will work each week.