This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Case #873195 - "Netapp storage monitoring / Interfaces / CPU / Volumes"

My Netapp Storage isn't been informations about CPU, interfaces and others things. I verify the problem is related with the firmware more actually and the OIDs area different. I sent the MIB to support and i had the answer below. I haven't return about the custom MIB and my customers are dissatisfied with the situation.

Hello Romulo

Basically we have full support for such devices under SRM Storage Resource  Monitor Module (SRM Profiler ) See attachment to monitor the Resources .

Under Orion NPM i dont see we are polling by default .  Therefor I have forwarded this feature request to our development team.

The team will consider the request, and decide whether it will be implemented.

With regards to feature requests, it may also be helpful to post up your request on our forums here: http://thwack.com/forums/57.aspx

Create a post titled FEATURE REQUEST - Name of the Feature Request and detail your request there.

You can also point to this case number for reference.

Specific Forums

Network Management

Orion Network Performance Manager - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/forums/48/network-management/9/orion-network-performance-monitor/

These forums are monitored by our Product Managers, and this will allow other customer to also voice their opinions as to whether this feature would be useful to them also.

Please be aware that:

* Developers will decide on whether or not to go ahead with implementation of the feature

* Developers will decide on the timeline of the release (if they decided to implement the feature)

* Support does not update you on whether the feature has been implemented, and you will have to check the Release Notes: http://www.solarwinds.com/support/Orion/docs/ReleaseNotes/releaseNotes.htm

• The MIB file does not automatically create device support, the MIB file is there for easier allowance to create Custom Poller and SNMP Traps. Network Performance Monitor Checks MIB-2 and Host Resources MIBs for CPU, Memory, Interface Status and Interface Utilization for all devices, regardless of the vendor.

NetApp is currently supported, but it only Supported in Storage Resource Manager will give you the fullest picture.

NetApp is limited in SNMP support, Storage Resource Manager talks to the NetApp through API Support to pull the details.

SolarWinds Online Help

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to sean.martinez

Does the "fullest picture" include CPU/Mem/Network metrics along with storage metrics?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to GoldTipu

Which login should I used to view those screen shots? The last time I was asked to log into the support site, Solarwinds tech support told me that the resource was for employees only.

• Apologies normally it should not ask any login i think there is some internal issues .

Please find the screen shots and details below.

You have an issue where Orion failed to List NetApp Nodes Interfaces

When adding NetApp Nodes no interface found under List Resources.

listr.PNG

noint.PNG

Environment

Edit section

• NPM 11.5

Cause 

Edit section

Orion polls for the following OID's in order to get the information of the Interfaces available on the device.

IF-MIB:ifIndex .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1
    IF-MIB::ifDescription .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.
    IF-MIB::ifLastChange .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.9.
    IF-MIB::ifOperStatus .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.
    IF-MIB::ifType .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1.
    IF-MIB::ifAlias .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.18.
    IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.

In order to see an Interface to show up in the "List Resources" , the above OID's are used and also the Interface needs to have an "ifIndex" only then the Interface will be showed up on the list resources.
    So in summary if the device does not have the OID's for  interfaces, and therefore they are not showing up in the list resource process.

For more details see the post below.

https://solarwinds-prod.mindtouch.us...ces_interfaces

NetApp interfaces are not listed under the above standard RFC OID's therefor not listed under List Recourse .NetApp devices provides interface data collection through API's

Resolution

Edit section

As the NetApp devices not using standard RFC OID's listing the Interfaces

These NetApp Storage devices  are fully supported under SRM Storage Resource  Monitor Module (SRMProfiler ) See attachment to monitor the Resources .

You must need to install SRM in order to monitor NetApp Interfaces statistic . 

NetApp.PNG

NetApp Network Interfaces