This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts being re-triggered after being modified?

Hi all,

Recently upgraded to SAM 6.2.1 & overall, really great!

One question though, as the alert manager has now moved to the web interface (again, great) when I modify an alert here, & by modify, I mean amend some detail within the email notification, it seems to re-trigger all the active alerts?

I can understand this if I'd changed the alert criteria as this was what happened when using the older version on the Orion server as it would clear existing alerts & 'rescan'. But this wouldn't happen if I just amended some aspect of the notifications such as the title or body of the email?

I was looking to add supplemental text to a variety of alerts, but feel limited in doing so now as I don't want to (or see the reason behind) be re-triggering these notifications, I'd just like any future alerts generated to incorporate this additional detail.

We report on the number of emails that our monitoring solution sends in any given period, if this is to happen each time I adjust an alert from now, this is going to massively skew this...

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

ETA - the alert in this instance is a disk space check, I've not altered the logic that triggers the alert (i.e. disk is greater than xx% used space), solely amended the reset email notification text.