This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SRM for Orion - Cache Hit Ratio alerts?

So I know we are collecting the Cache Hit Ratio's for our Hitachi arrays but I need to setup alerts based on certain thresholds for them. The value doesn't seem to be exposed as an available item in the available fields to alert on so I am guessing I need to make a custom SQL alert for this? Or is this in another category to alert against other then "Storage Array"? If I need to do a custom alert, anyone know where SRM places the Cache Hit info in the database?

Cache Hit Ratio.bmp

Any idea on this?

Thanks

-Jim

• Hi Jim,

the cache hit ratio is not well prepared for the alerting as I can see. I'll point this out in a team.

In the meanwhile you definitely can use "Custom SWQL Alert (Advanced)" and define your custom "where" condition as following:

WHERE  StorageArrays.Statistics.ObservationTimeStamp = StorageArrays.LastSync AND StorageArrays.Statistics.CacheHitRatio < 10

Translation for this condition is that: "I'd like to have an alert for storage arrays where their total cache hit ratio is less than 10%". Modify that condition as you wish and if you want to have specifically cache hit for read and write, use following in the condition:

Cache hit Ratio Total: StorageArrays.Statistics.CacheHitRatio

Cache hit Ratio Read: StorageArrays.Statistics.RatioRead

Cache hit Ratio Write: StorageArrays.Statistics.RatioWrite

You can use the cache hits for Storage Arrays, Pools, Luns, NAS Volumes, File Shares, but do not forget adapt it into the "where" clause.

Regards

Lubo

• Perfect! Thanks for your help.

-Jim