2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 10:08 AM by jburke

SRM for Orion - Cache Hit Ratio alerts?

jburke

So I know we are collecting the Cache Hit Ratio's for our Hitachi arrays but I need to setup alerts based on certain thresholds for them. The value doesn't seem to be exposed as an available item in the available fields to alert on so I am guessing I need to make a custom SQL alert for this? Or is this in another category to alert against other then "Storage Array"? If I need to do a custom alert, anyone know where SRM places the Cache Hit info in the database?

Cache Hit Ratio.bmp

Any idea on this?

Thanks

-Jim

• Re: SRM for Orion - Cache Hit Ratio alerts?
          Lubomir Krausko

Hi Jim,

the cache hit ratio is not well prepared for the alerting as I can see. I'll point this out in a team.

In the meanwhile you definitely can use "Custom SWQL Alert (Advanced)" and define your custom "where" condition as following:

WHERE  StorageArrays.Statistics.ObservationTimeStamp = StorageArrays.LastSync AND StorageArrays.Statistics.CacheHitRatio < 10

Translation for this condition is that: "I'd like to have an alert for storage arrays where their total cache hit ratio is less than 10%". Modify that condition as you wish and if you want to have specifically cache hit for read and write, use following in the condition:

Cache hit Ratio Total: StorageArrays.Statistics.CacheHitRatio

Cache hit Ratio Read: StorageArrays.Statistics.RatioRead

Cache hit Ratio Write: StorageArrays.Statistics.RatioWrite

You can use the cache hits for Storage Arrays, Pools, Luns, NAS Volumes, File Shares, but do not forget adapt it into the "where" clause.

Regards

Lubo