This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQLSentryServer service

Is anyone using an Application monitor in their environment to monitor this service? We just need a simple up/down monitor. I can't find a template on thwack or anywhere else I might borrow.

• Have you considered using SAM's Service Control Manager to select the service(s) you want to monitor on this application?

• Gerstnc,

Remote desktop to the server, find the service and right click, choose properties. Get the service name (not the display name). Highlight and copy it to rule out type-os. Although aLTeReGo's post is correct, I have seen spaces in service names in the Service Control Manager that aren't really there in the actual service name, and to be clear, the Service Control Manager will give you the service DISPLAY name, not the name of the actual service. HOWEVER, having said this, if you hover over the display name, it will show the actual service name, but you can't copy it from there.

Thanks!

Dave Burton

Loop1 Systems

• aLTeReGo and daveb7114, thank you both so much for your help. I'd never seen the SCM page. I was able to create my monitor using that tool. Again, I appreciate your insight and advice.