1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 5:35 AM by Malik Haider

Incorrect lastboot time appearing for Cisco 6509 switch.

sdubick

Something is not right. I have a Cisco switch and Solarwinds shows a lastboot time "7/15/2011 3:38", however from the device itself says “System restarted at 00:02:38 CST Fri Mar 5 2010”.  What are the correct steps to take to ensure any switch is being polled correctly and displaying the correct  lastboottime in Solarwinds? The community/ACL for some datacenter devices were corrected however, It is still displaying the wrong last reboot time. Should we rediscover the devices? I look forward to anyone's insight. thank you

• Re: Incorrect lastboot time appearing for Cisco 6509 switch.
          Malik Haider

sysUptime reports time since ‘last snmpd restart’,
          Orion will determine if a device has rebooted by monitoring the sysUpTime on a device.
          If the value resets back to 0 and the device is still responsive then Orion will assume that the device had just rebooted.
          Sysuptime which Orion see as “Last Boot" is got as follows: SNMP variable RFC1213-MIB:sysUpTime 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3
          This variable is a 32 bit counter of the number of 100ths of a second since the device booted.
          http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=sysUpTime

How can i calculate?

lb200.PNG

Please use the  OID value  SNMPWALK from the effected Node .

<installed directory> C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion

Run SNMPWalk.exe

Enter ip address of the Node under "Agent Address or DNS name >Select Version " 2c / or 3 " Depending on the Node configured .Enter the " community String" configured for the device .

add the Root OID as below

Scan and save the SNMPWaLK and save the file on the desktop . 

oid1.PNG

Open the file and see the value .

.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 = TIMETICKS: 1161208739

** Calculation **

1161208739 / 8640000 = 134.39 Days

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

boot.PNG