This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

All down components in a single email for a single node

We monitor multiple services on our servers individually (cluster service, MSDTC, etc) and when we get alerts for a down service the email is for each individual service.

How can I format the alert to have all the down services (that we want to monitor) for a single node in one email?

Currently, I'm using these SQL variables:

Components down on ${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.Node.DisplayName}:

${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.ApplicationAlert.ComponentsWithProblems}

Thanks everyone

• Are you using individual services monitor templates for each service? (each template has only one service). Can you share what your templates are like?

• Provided you are alerting off of the application property and not the component property, then you should only receive on notification when the application is down, regardless of the number of processes/services/etc. that are contained within the assigned application. The maco you reference above should contain a listing of all components that are experiencing issues at the time the alert was sent.

• The services are in a separate templates.

So then you suggest I put the components in a template then?

Thanks!      

• What I've tried is this:

I want to alert on:

Application

Trigger Alert when all child conditions must be satisfied (AND)

Application status is equal to down

Node status is equal to up

This hasn't worked for me. Do you know where I'm going wrong?     

• That will work, provided all the components that are being monitored are contained within a single application template. Here's break it down.

Let's say you have two monitored applications that are dependant upon each other running on the same server. AppA and AppB. Let's also say when "AppA" crashes, "AppB" is also down because of its dependance upon "AppA". The alert above will notify you with two separate alerts. One for "AppA" and another for "AppB". To reduce this down to a single alert notification, you would need to combine the components from "AppA" and "AppB" into a single application template.

• aLTeReGo‌ Did this and it worked.

Thanks for ally our help.