This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I have a scenario where I want the node status to be down and show a green ICON. When UP it's Red. Basically reverse logic. Ideas?

I have a scenario where I want the node status to be down and show a green ICON.  When UP it's Red.  Basically reverse logic. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

• bfoote

This is a very unusual scenario. You can try to write a stored procedure that will set the StatusLED column of the nodes table to be Down.gif when Status is 1, and to be Up.gif when the Status column is 2 - just for this node.

p.s: Treat this as a workaround that is worth exploring, definitely not something that is officially supported.

• For all nodes or just one?  

Would be easy if you wanted it for all nodes.  Just find where they stow the up.gif/down.gif and "reverse" their naming.

If just for one or a few nodes, maybe more details might help us out in figuring it out...

• One node only. It’s a node that the security group owns. It’s only to be on the network for certain, short periods of time. They want to know when it’s on the network. It’s easy to generate an alert, getting the node to not show up as down when it’s off the network is the harder part.

Bill Foote | Account Manager IT | WPX Energy, Inc. | One Williams Center, MD 34 | Tulsa, OK 74172 | O: 539.573.5186 | F: 539.573.9512 | C: 918.527.0377 | bill.foote@wpxenergy.com<mailto:traci.krider@williams.com> |

attachments.zip
  • I have this setup in my Environment. I have a system that sits offline a lot and I did not want to show the Node as Down.

Prerequisite: Solarwinds Agent will need to be deployed to the device. This is required to get the logic checking that I have included in the Alert Trigger and Reset Actions.

Trigger Conditions:

AlertTrigger.png

Reset Conditions:

AlertReset.png

Alert Actions. The Top is the Alert Trigger Action and the bottom is the Reset Action.

AlertActions.png

• Glad to see that someone else has the same requirement. I’ll check with Security to make sure that they are good with having an agent installed.

Thanks for the solution!

Bill Foote | Account Manager IT | WPX Energy, Inc. | One Williams Center, MD 34 | Tulsa, OK 74172 | O: 539.573.5186 | F: 539.573.9512 | C: 918.527.0377 | bill.foote@wpxenergy.com<mailto:traci.krider@williams.com> |

attachments.zip