This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need details in the email body

I am monitoring our Barracuda, but would like to have details. Example, if the Inbound queue has 100 messages I would like to have this in the notification. Do I use the "Notes" variable? If the threshold values were displayed that would be as good as the actual value.

• With most alerts, you have the ability to set the information sent in an email notification.  If you have the "send email" action, go to the Message tab and in the message you can insert variables that will then display different items in the body of the email message. You can even go so far as to use html coding to set up the message structure.  At the bottom of the edit page is an "insert variable" button that gives you a tool that is very helpful in creating the variables as well.

• Provided the trigger condition "I want to alert on" property for the alert is configured for "Component" then you can simply add the ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.StatisticData} macro to your alert action message body to include the statistic value of the component at the time of the alert.

Trigger Condition.png

• Works great. Thanks alterego!