5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 11:34 AM by Selspiero

'Unplugged status' for workstations?

Selspiero

Hi

I've been asked to add in a set of user workstations to use solarwinds software / hardware auditing.

Going to use a custom property to exclude from alerts, but thinking these PCs will go up and down depending on use - is there a setting like that in interfaces where you can show it as unplugged rather than down?

Thanks!

• Re: 'Unplugged status' for workstations?
          automag928

Yes there sure is - you can mark an interface "unplugged" rather than down -

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 10.36.10 AM.png

superfly99

He's asking for an unplugged option for the device, he's aware that the unplug option exists for the interfaces.

There's isn't a 'unplugged' setting for the devices, so you could increase the polling time so reboots won't show it as being down. But if the workstation gets switched off then it will show as down.

You will need to adjust your monitoring views to try and filter these particular down nodes to not show up. But view such as Problem Nodes and Top 10 Nodes by Average Response Time don't have an Edit button to add in a SQL filter to stop these from showing up.

If no one else has an answer, then create a Feature Request for this and post it back the link back in here so people can vote it up.

automag928

oops - yeah misread the question!  But with that said, why not create a custom property like you mentioned and then in your alert, adjust for that custom property?  I mean you would have to adjust the alert anyway for an "unplugged" or the like condition so why not just make that custom property as "Alarm on device for up/down" Yes or No, and in your alert, make that criteria to trigger?

Selspiero

cheers guys  - yeah was talking about nodes, sorry the wording of my question was rubbish

I'll have a look at the feature requests - bet there is already one there!