4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 12:54 PM by timmeers

    "Closed" vs "updated" email templates

    timmeers

      Hello, I'm trying to sort out a small issue I have with the email templates. Not the actual verbiage edits. But the difference in an "ticket has been updated" email, and "ticket has been closed" email. Currently we have 2 status that effectively mean "closed". We have Closed, and First Level Resolved. This helps define what the helpdesk staff has done, and what they have sent on. But each means "closed". But on the outbound emails, the "first level" tickets basically show as an update like so:
      Capture.PNG

      See the little malformed "Add Note Cancel Ticket" link? That's a problem. Not to mention the difference in the Updated vs Closed subject line:

      Updated:

           Ticket 5417 First Level Resolution (Updated) --> test ticket: test ticket

      Closed:

          Ticket 5417 Closed --> test ticket: test ticket

       

      Is there a way to define a status as "closed" in the system and have it treat the resolutions and emails the same? This would be a huge win for me if it's possible.

       

      Tim

        • Re: "Closed" vs "updated" email templates
          billypilgrim

          Hi Tim

           

          Do you use the Resolved status? You can define a different template for Resolved and Closed emails so this might achieve what you want?

           

          Thanks

          • Re: "Closed" vs "updated" email templates
            billypilgrim

            No good then!

             

            I'm trying to understand why you would want to do this- if it is just for reporting purposes there must be lots of much easier ways of seeing who resolved/ closed the tickets, or do you want the end users to be able to differentiate between which team has closed their ticket?

              • Re: "Closed" vs "updated" email templates
                timmeers

                The "First Level Resolution" is for the helpdesk folks as they are taking calls/emails. Each time they resolve a ticket on their own, as part of the Helpdesk, they "close" the ticket under this status. These staff also do other things, and are even handed tickets as an escalation (of sorts). The focus of the "first level" status is to track what they are closing for inbound contacts under the premise of "each call gets a ticket". As such reporting for completed tickets shows how much workload they have and have save from not escalating those tickets, like a benchmark for the helpdesk staff.

                 

                I've tossed the idea around of just adding a custom field. But then that's just one more thing to fill out each time they close a ticket. But the idea of two reports showing closed ticket numbers seems incorrect.

                 

                Hopefully this helps you understand what I'm trying to accomplish. I know other systems I've used, you get to define what status mean "closed", and what don't.

                 

                Tim