6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 12:42 PM by sean.tucker

95th Percentile Traffic Rate - Last 30 Days - WAN Circuits Only

haydanb

The built-in report that shows 95th percentile traffic rate - last month works fine, but I manage over 3000 nodes and would like to parse this report to only show WAN Circuits, of which there are about 50.  Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

• Re: 95th Percentile Traffic Rate - Last 30 Days - WAN Circuits Only
          pratikmehta003

You can have your WAN circuits in one group and then try to run the report.

hanif.solarwinds

Hi haydanb

Or you can create an account with permission to devices and run report when login using that account.

Regards

Hanif

haydanb

I created a group that has all the WAN circuit interfaces.  Where can the group be defined in the report?  I'm using NPM 11.01 and the 95th Percentile Traffic Rate report is a historical report and can only be edited within the Orion Report Writer.  I saw this post, but looks like its for Nodes | SQL or VIEW to select group-members

Here's the SQL from the existing report for the SELECT and FROM (see below).  The name of the group is called 'WAN Circuits'  Thanks

SELECT    Interfaces.InterfaceId,

Nodes.NodeID,

Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,

Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,

Interfaces.Caption AS Interface_Caption,

Interfaces.InterfaceIcon AS Interface_Icon,

Maxbps_In95,

Maxbps_Out95,

Maxbps_95

FROM Nodes

INNER JOIN Interfaces ON Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID

INNER JOIN (

SELECT    InterfaceID,

dbo.GetInBps95th(InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_In95,

dbo.GetOutBps95th(InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_Out95,

dbo.GetMaxBps95th(InterfaceID, @StartDate, @EndDate) AS Maxbps_95

FROM InterfaceTraffic

WHERE InterfaceTraffic.DateTime >= @StartDate AND InterfaceTraffic.DateTime <= @EndDate

GROUP BY InterfaceID

) TrafficStat

ON Interfaces.InterfaceID = TrafficStat.InterfaceID

WHERE ${LIMITATION}

ORDER BY NodeName, Interface_Caption

orionfan

I am also interested in this.  However, I have a custom property called WAN_ID.  We have three WAN's so I would like to create a report where it just polls interfaces with WAN_ID = 1, WAN_ID=2.....  Any suggestions?

haydanb

Hey orionfan,

Working with my DBA, we modified the report in my original post to use a custom field called WANCircuits which in my case is a simple no/yes (0/1) field.  The code is below; look at the WHERE statement.  You can see that it will include only interfaces where the WANCircuit = 1.   If your custom field WAN_ID is a similar type field, then you just need to make sure the interface that is one of your WAN circuits has this field checked so the query can pick it up as a "yes" (1).

==============================================================================

SET NOCOUNT OFF

SET ROWCOUNT 0

DECLARE @StartDate DateTime

DECLARE @EndDate DateTime

SET @StartDate = DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(m, -1, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate()))), 0)

SET @EndDate   = DATEADD(ms, -2,DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate())), 0))

SELECT          Interfaces.InterfaceId            AS InterfaceID,

Nodes.NodeID                      AS NodeID,                       

Nodes.Caption                     AS NodeName, 

Interfaces.Caption                AS Interface_Caption,

Interfaces.InBandwidth            AS Interface_Bandwidth,

-- RAW NUMBERS

Maxbps_In95 / 1000000.0           AS Maxbps_In95,

Maxbps_Out95 / 1000000.0   AS Maxbps_Out95,

Maxbps_95 / 1000000.0             AS Maxbps_95,

-- PERCENT CALCULATION

Maxbps_In95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth  * 100     AS ReceivePCT,

Maxbps_Out95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth * 100     AS TransmitPCT,

Maxbps_95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth     * 100     AS MaxPCT

FROM Nodes

INNER JOIN (

SELECT InterfaceID,

FROM InterfaceTraffic

WHERE

InterfaceTraffic.DateTime >= @StartDate

AND InterfaceTraffic.DateTime <= @EndDate

AND InterfaceID in (SELECT InterfaceID FROM dbo.Interfaces WHERE    WANCircuit = 1)

GROUP BY InterfaceID

) TrafficStat ON Interfaces.InterfaceID = TrafficStat.InterfaceID

WHERE

(1=1)

ORDER BY

NodeName,

Interface_Caption

sean.tucker

I used what I found on this thread to help me modify my reports.  I need to report the utilization on our internet circuits.  However, I would like to set a second condition so that I can have 4 reports for North America, South America, EMEA and APAC.

I want to set a second condition so that the report will only pull the information on the specified internet interface and then also I can also set a second condition to only poll the specified region.  Can anyone help?

SET NOCOUNT OFF

SET ROWCOUNT 0

DECLARE @StartDate DateTime

DECLARE @EndDate DateTime

SET @StartDate = DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(m, -1, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate()))), 0)

SET @EndDate   = DATEADD(ms, -2,DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate())), 0))

SELECT          Interfaces.InterfaceId            AS InterfaceID,

Nodes.NodeID                      AS NodeID,                       

Nodes.Caption                     AS NodeName, 

Interfaces.Caption                AS Interface_Caption,

Interfaces.InBandwidth            AS Interface_Bandwidth,

-- RAW NUMBERS

Maxbps_In95 / 1000000.0           AS Maxbps_In95,

Maxbps_Out95 / 1000000.0   AS Maxbps_Out95,

Maxbps_95 / 1000000.0             AS Maxbps_95,

-- PERCENT CALCULATION

Maxbps_In95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth  * 100     AS ReceivePCT,

Maxbps_Out95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth * 100     AS TransmitPCT,

Maxbps_95 / Interfaces.InBandwidth     * 100     AS MaxPCT

FROM Nodes

INNER JOIN (

SELECT InterfaceID,

FROM InterfaceTraffic

WHERE

InterfaceTraffic.DateTime >= @StartDate

AND InterfaceTraffic.DateTime <= @EndDate

AND InterfaceID in (SELECT InterfaceID FROM dbo.Interfaces WHERE    Internet_Interface = 1)

GROUP BY InterfaceID

) TrafficStat ON Interfaces.InterfaceID = TrafficStat.InterfaceID

WHERE

(1=1)

ORDER BY

NodeName,

Interface_Caption