This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Am I missing something fundamental here? Why am I seeing 2 different results for memory?

The top gauge is displaying memory...RAM right? What is physical memory referring to? Why am I seeing two different values? I must be interpreting this wrong?

memQ.png

• What sort of device is it? They should be the same.

• The RFC Mibs used for this do not take into account virtual memory.  The first of the MIBs looks at total physical memory on the device.  The second is a combination of total memory used by all the processes running on the device.  This value is used in combination with the first to show total memory utilization.

The MIBs used are: HOST-RESOURCES-MIB:hrMemorySize OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.2 and HOST-RESOURCES-MIB:hrSWRunPerfMem OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2.

Because the physical disk listed under the following MIB Table  its been listed under the physical disks of the system . Therefor you are going to see the different with Memory used and physical memory

Here is the post you need to check and calculate on each section .

Calculation explained.

Disk / Volume / RAM / Memory Calculation