12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 2:41 PM by mrs.alterego

How to apply hot fix for 9.2?

ktessereau

I'm experiencing problems with getting one of my monitors to start on an SQL Server instance.  I opened a  ticket with support and they suggest applying the hot fix for 9.2.  I looked all over for the fix and can't find it.  I know it's there I just don't see it!

• Re: How to apply hot fix for 9.2?
          mrs.alterego

The hotfix should be located in your customer portal, located under License Management tab then scroll to Service Packs & Hot Fixes. When you expand on the product, there should be any hotfixes or upgrades available for that product.

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 12.42.04 PM.png

ktessereau

thanks I wasn't looking in the customer portal I was looking in the DPA product!  Thanks for your help!

ktessereau

sorry to bother you again, but I was able to download the hot fix but I'm confused about how to apply it?  Any help would be appreciated.

mrs.alterego

Hi Kim! No bother at all! Usually the instructions for "how to apply" are included in the zip. I don't have a DPA license in my customer portal, so I'm not sure the process on this one. Let me go add DPA to my account and see if I can walk through it so I can provide you better direction. :-)

ktessereau

Thanks so much Mrs. Alterego I'm new to the product and want to learn all I can........this customer forum is great!

mrs.alterego

OK, here is what the ReadMe file says:

To install Hotfix 2:

1. Log on to the operating system of your DPA server as an administrator.

2. Extract the files and folders from the hotfix .zip archive file to:

{dpa directory}\iwc\tomcat\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes

On Windows, this is typically:

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DPA\iwc\tomact\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes

On Linux, this is typically:

/home/dpa/iwc/tomcat/webapps/iwc/WEB-INF/classes

3. Verify that these files and folders have been created:

{dpa directory}\iwc\tomcat\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes\com\confio\idc\

database\dao\jdbc\DatabaseVersionDaoJdbc$1.class

database\dao\jdbc\DatabaseVersionDaoJdbc$2.class

database\dao\jdbc\DatabaseVersionDaoJdbc.class

{dpa directory}\iwc\tomcat\webapps\iwc\WEB-INF\classes\com\confio\iwc\

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$1.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$2.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$3.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$4.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$5.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$6.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$7.class

repository\dao\RepositoryDaoJdbc$8.class

4. Restart DPA.