This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Replacing self signed certs within Orion

Hello everyone!

Today I'm looking into replacing the self-signed certificates within Orion to ones generated by a CA within the corporation. I've found the following post interesting but not sure if this could be done for all self-signed certificates within Orion.

Change SolarWinds Information Services SSL Certificate

We're looking into using CA issues certs in everything from WinRM connections for SAM AppInsight for Exchange to Poller communications. Is this supported and do we have any good documentation on the procedures and pitfalls of doing this?

Thanks!

• Bumping this thread in hopes of an answer!

• I'd suggest opening a ticket with support.  The link you sent was fairly detailed and sounded somewhat complex, both at the time of installation and whenever you might have to run config-wizard post-installation (which can be often!!).   Not something I'd want to do myself, but if you're under pressure for Gov't compliance or something I can understand why. 

Personally I'd probably want to try and figure out another solution, maybe how to set up firewalls on the server to block communications with unauthorized sources, vs. doing something like this...