This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Auto Email client on ticket closure

Is there a setting that will automatically email a client once a ticket is closed?  Right now tickets are closed and if the tech clicks on "Save" instead of "Save and Email", the client is not notified of the closed ticket.  Can you set it so if the ticket is closed, then an email is sent to the client notifying him/her their issue is closed?

• To expand on this, it would be great to have the option to select more than just the client that gets emailed upon ticket closure. For example, we would like to send out an email to our Help Desk DL so that everyone knows the ticket is complete.

For now, we have an action rule set up to accomplish this, but the email does not contain all of the nice details and layout of the official emails sent by the Web Help Desk. (Unless someone knows of a way to input those tables in an email template)

--edit-- Sorry to get you excited about someone possible having an answer for you. These forums are pretty terrible...Almost all questions go to die here.

• Hi, I see you feel like some of your questions did not get answered, can you point me to them and I'll make sure you get your answer! Thanks

You can automatically add recipients to ticket by using action rules for any new ticket and thus ensure they are in copy.

• Hi Brian, this would be easiest to achieve by using action rules, however currently we do not support tags in Recipient field of send email action and we track it as a Feature Request under # 226636. I added your request to the record, so we track volume and can contract you as soon as we have something tangible. There are not timelines for this at the moment.

• Thanks Peter.  I look forward to a feature that would allow this.  I was thinking I could do this with an action rule, but I was wondering if there was some setting I was missing that could do this.  What I hope it won't do is double email people.  If someone clicks save + email and closes the ticket, the client may end up receiving two emails.  Not the end of the world, but my clients tend to complain about mundane stuff such as this.

On a side note, I really don't think my questions don't go unanswered.  Sometimes, there isn't a solution to the question or problem.  That could be by design or the feature hasn't been added to the system yet.  I'm sure there are times when questions don't receive an answer, but it hasn't really happened to me yet.  Maybe I didn't get the answer I wanted emoticons_happy.png, but I did receive some level of response.  I have posted several questions on this site too.

• One more thing to ask of this?  Is there a way in the automated email to grab the tech notes and or a link back to the ticket?  I see several different tech attributes that you can grab.  The notes is not listed nor is there a attribute listed for a link back to the ticket.  That way if a ticket is closed prematurely or incorrectly a client could reopen the ticket. 

• The client will indeed get both emails if the Save + Email button is pressed. We've had it set up that way in the past with an action rule. We also had the same issue of the action rule created email being very lacking in details compared to the one that is automatically sent out via the Help Desk. It would be nice if we could format the emails the same as the Help Desk system.

It would be great if the email function could just be simplified so that it will send an email to whomever you choose regardless of what button was clicked upon ticket closure. We like sending an email to notify the whole Helpdesk department along with the client when a ticket is closed.

• The fact that I can't send a decent looking email with an action rule has been on of my biggest complaints.  We should be able to check a box that enables us to send the whole ticket instead of building it field by field.

As far as the action rule to send an email on ticket close would it also send a survey?  I looked at the config and didn't see anything for that.

• Action rules should only do what you tell them to. And yes, basically all you can do is format an ugly text based email with a very limited number of fields.

The problem with the action rule email is that if the Save and Email button is pressed, the client will most likely get two emails. One nicely formatted one from the system, and one ugly one from the action rule. It would be nice if we could make the nicely formatted email send regardless of the button pressed. Make emails send based on staus, and let us choose who the recepients are.

• Peter,

We are also looking for this functionality for the Army.  In addition to automatic closed emails through an action rule, we would also like to setup automatic emails when a ticket is opened.

Thanks!