This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts for CPU growth over 3 months time period.

Hi,

I need to create an Email alert in Solarwinds which is triggered when there is a 10% or more growth in CPU utilization every month and consecutive for 3 months.

Example:- So it should send an email alert after verifying that there is 10% growth in CPU utilization for January , 12% growth in February and 15% in March.

Kindly provide me with suggestions and how it can be achieved??

Thanks

Saumil

• Just to clarify:

For each device (or each device in a specific group, like Windows servers)

Get the overall CPU %utilization (not the per-CPU average) on the first day of last month (CPU-1)

Get the overall CPU %utilization (not the per-CPU average) on the last day of last month (CPU-2)

Calculate (CPU-2) / (CPU-1) * 100

Repeat this process for 2 months before last

If the Sum of all 3 months calculation is >= 30 then trigger an alert

Is that more or less what you want?

• More questions:

How many devices are in your SolarWinds environment?

How many ELEMENTS are in your SolarrWinds environmentt

How many devices will this alert apply to?

• Hi Leon,

Thanks for the response.

But (CPU-2)/(CPU-1)* 100 will not give me the value for the growth of CPU.

Also taking sum of all three months value will not do what I want.

Actually what I am looking for is that if first month growth CPU is 10% and 2nd is 12% and 3rd is 15% so the growth for all three months is more than 10%.

That's when I want to trigger alert. probably a e-mail.

So firstly I need algorithm for calculating growth rate each month.

Then comparing 3 months growth and if consecutive 3 month is more than 10% need an email alert.

• I am looking for an alert for approx. 1000 Servers.