This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Setting up multiple alert tiers

How would I go about setting up multiple alert tiers? Right now, I have three tiers of disk space alerts set up - Low, very low and critically low. I have low set to 'Alert' Severity, very low set to 'Serious and critically low set to 'Critical. The problem is, if all three conditions are met, I'm getting three separate alerts - I only want to get the most severe of the three. Obviously, if I have less than 3GB available, I also have less than 10GB and 15 GB.

I thought about setting up the trigger condition with 'If volume available space is less than 16106127360' AND 'If volume available space is NOT less than 10737418240' AND 'If volume available space is NOT less than 3145728000' then alert... But there is no 'is NOT less than' option.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing to accomplish this?

• Where exactly are you looking? I have both "greater than" and "less than" operators as shown below.

Greater Less.png

• I'm looking for 'Is NOT less than'. IE: If the available disk space is less than 15GB and NOT less than 10GB, it will send an alert, but if it drops below 10GB free, the less then 15GB AND not less than 10GB no longer is true, so it'll cease to send the alerts as at that point, the next level alert would be taking over. Although for some reason, you show about double the options I see in the dropdown. I only have 'is equal to', 'is not equal to', 'is greater than', 'is greater than or equal to', 'is less than', 'is less than or equal to', 'is empty' and 'is not empty'.

Or is there another way to accomplish this?

• This is where you would use condition groups, where you define what the alert applies to and what it doesn't apply to.

Not Operator.png