This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I disable VMWare Connectivity?

Hi All,

I'm working with a client who has configured DPA to connect to the VMWare Infrastructure. The VM monitoring has been configured with a user account and subsequently the user changed their password has meant the account continues to be locked. We've temporarily had to disable the Ignite PI Service to stop this recurring problem.

Is there a way we can start the Ignite PI Service without the VMWARE polling running - so that we get a chance to change the connection credentials before it locks out the account once more.

I'm hoping there is a flag I can switch in the database  - before I re-enable to PI service.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Paul, you can just go into options -> under VMware column, either unregister (last ditch effort in my opinion) or update connection info (the update will allow you to change the PW to the correct one).  If you unregister,  you will lose all historical data for the Virtualization view.  You can always register again which will begin the data collection anew.

• Thanks mandevil - I guess I was looking for a bit of a data hack  in teh dpa_repository.

Since I can't get to Options Tab until I restart the Service I'm hoping to make a direct config change - since as soon as I restart the Service this will lock out the client's domain account.

• Paul,

This might be late in reaching you now. We have been a bit busy and I hadn't caught up on THWACK items in a while. perhaps the table CONV.

Something like update CONV set STATUS='STOPPED', ENABLED='N'

Then start the service and use the GUI to reset the password so you get the value hashed.

Then you can go set these all back update ignite_guild.ignite.CONV set  STATUS='STARTED', ENABLED='Y'

• Thanks jaminsql - just what I wanted. pk