This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Classroom Training

Has anyone gone to a classroom training class for Solarwinds NPM/SAM/Orion? If so where? was it worth while?

I found two 3rd party places that offer a class on solarwinds all advertising that classes are taught by a Solarwinds Certified Professional.

Not seeing Solarwinds themselves endorse any classroom training makes me hesistant to sign up for any of them

• I would like to know if SolarWinds actually do endorse any classroom training programs at all ... I might consider running one emoticons_happy.png

• Hi mjsweet130,

SolarWinds offers virtual live classroom training for NPM, which covers Orion core topics that are applicable to all Orion based products. You may sign up for the training via the customer portal: Customer Portal Login | SolarWinds.

There are several partners who offer formal training programs (live in person or virtual training). In addition, in many professional services engagements, partners will train as they assist with installation and implementation.

Just this week I met with these partners who offer training services: Loop1, TruePath Technologies and Atlantic Digital. I'll work to get a more comprehensive list of partners with SolarWinds Certifications. Please stay tuned.

• Clicking on those links for Solarwinds live classes there says there are no trainings currently posted. NPM+Orion would be a good place to start. Another product we own and have started to use Heavily is SAM. SAM is a pretty large product i'd like actual training on.

What I've found is Loop1 offers an actual class where I can travel too. They wouldnt say if they actually run the class, if they've been meeting class minimums to actually hold it.

Corona Services and the others you mentioned above seems to be more professional services type training where they come to you either virtual or in-person.

• mjsweet130,

Just wanted to make sure you have the best information on one of the companies you mentioned - Corona Technical Services.

Corona certainly does offer both classroom training (with any customized format and content you may need) and consulting services. We can come to you or bring you to us, whichever best meets your needs. Keep in mind that we specialize in providing a hands-on training experience. We give our clients every opportunity to get their hands dirty and get comfortable with SolarWinds software.

Please give us a call at 918-398-8052 and we will be happy to talk to you about your needs. Visit our website as well at www.coronaservices.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

• Thanks borgan‌ !

I've contacted a rep from Corona. Still trying to determine the best path for us on our end.

• @mjsweet130 i just wanted to hop on here as well and let you know that Loop1 Systems would love to discuss a training opportunity with you.

We have a tiered classroom at our facility with state of the art equipment emoticons_happy.png we offer classes virtually and in person.

www.loop1systems.com is our website or feel free to reach out to me directly at christina.drake@loop1systems.com

Best,

Christina Drake

Loop1 Systems

Manager of Client Services

• mjsweet130 sorry it wasn't clear, i will have to relay that message to my team. Yes, is the short answer here emoticons_happy.png  we actually run our classes and yes we meet our class minimums!! We also have an option for the "actual class' which allows you to take it remotely if traveling is not an option for you or your organization. With that being said. we would love for you to join us onsite and experience the training class!!

Christina Drake

Manager of Client Services

christina.drake@loop1systems.com

• If you can talk your Company into sending you to Austin for a Week to hang out with the folks at Loop1 Systems, DO IT!   It was a great experience, and the variety of people in the class helped with the depth of real world implementation, application, scenario's (disaster, monitoring, etc), setup idea's, monitoring solutions, etc., etc., etc.  -  Just find the right course to go through so you can use what you learn... of course any course you will learn something.. some first level may be a bit of review the first day or a little into each module, but nothing better than re learning to make sure you know it all.

Plus Christina is awesome Cmathews_Loop1Systems‌ ... they all are at Loop1.