This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch Manager Reporting help

So I've been using SW PM for about 4 or 5 months or so. I am extremely new to the patching game and was thrown into it and have had to learn everything on my own. I'm just now trying to get reports to work. I used the following link to try the "Sample" report, but when I run it, I get 0 records returned.

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: How to create a custom report using Patch Manager Report Definition Builder

Just in case the link doesn't work, I followed the below instructions to the letter and got 0 records returned. So I'm not sure what it is I'm missing...any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jerm

To create a custom report that shows all pending updates (example):

1. In the left pane of the Patch Manager console, expand Administration and Reporting > Reporting > WSUS Reports.
  2. Select Windows Server Update Services Analytics.
  3. In the center pane, select Computer Update Status.
  4. Under Available Datasources, select Computer Update Status With Update Information.
  5. Under Available Fields, use Ctrl+click to select the following fields in this order:
    1. Computer Name
    2. Update Title
    3. Update Installation State (Friendly Name)
    4. Update ID
    5. Update Revision Number
    6. Name (Update Server)
  6. In the Actions pane (right), click New Report.
  7. Apply a sort preference to one of the columns:
    1. Click Not Sorted next to the column name.
    2. Point to Sort position 1, and then select a sort option.
  8. Add a filter to the report for updates that will install upon approval:
    1. Click [+] under Select the filter criteria for the report.
    2. Click Select Field for the new filter entry.
    3. Point to Computer Update Status With Update Information, and then select Update Approval Action (Friendly Name).
    4. Next to the new field name, click Select Operator, and then select equals.
    5. Next to the new operator, click Enter Value, and then select Enter Value.
    6. In the text box, enter Install.
  9. Add a filter to the report for updates with states that are not Installed or Unknown:
    1. Click [+] next to the existing filter.
    2. Click Select Field for the new filter entry.
    3. Point to Computer Update Status With Update Information, and then select Update Installation State (Friendly Name).
    4. Next to the new field name, click Select Operator, and then select does not equal.
    5. Next to the new operator, click Enter Value, and then select Enter Value.
    6. In the text box, enter Installed.
    7. Click the arrow to the left of this filter, and then select Place in New Group.
    8. Click [+] within the new group.
    9. Click Select Field for the new filter entry.
    10. Point to Computer Update Status With Update Information, and then select Update Installation State (Friendly Name).
    11. Next to the new field name, click Select Operator, and then select does not equal.
    12. Next to the new operator, click Enter Value, and then select Enter Value.
    13. In the text box, enter Unknown.
  10. Click Next.
  11. In the Report Name field, enter a unique name. For example, enter Computers to Update.
  12. Select Save and run report now.
  13. Click Finish.