This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Java 8u60, wrong package?

I went to edit and publish the new Java 8u60, downloaded the two files from Oracle and when I try to add them to the package like I always do it gives me an error that the name does not match.

jre-8u60-windows-x64.exe   Is the name it asks for in the download helper

jre-8u60-windows-x64.exe   Is the actual file name I have downloaded

Has anyone else ran into this with 8u60?  Ive seen this before when Oracle has updated the installers but Solarwinds hasnt updated the packages, not sure if thats whats happening here though.

123.jpg

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I was having the same issue, after copying the package, but the original package from Solarwinds worked.  So what I did was, download the install file to the original package, then copied and made my edits, and that worked for me.

• I cant even publish it as it is.  Ive tried to just put it through from solarwinds and its the same error.  Its like the solarwinds package and the oracle files are different versions or something

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to frgpugs

I don't know then, mine is working fine after I added the install files to the original Solarwinds package and copied that to add my uninstall job.

• So there is a new revision from Oracle and solarwinds development has not updated the package yet.  There is a workaround I can share for anyone else who gets this issue now or in the future.

Go to the package you want, in this case, Java 8u60 (x86 for x64) or whichever version you choose and right click on it and select edit.

Continue through the screens until you get to this screen

8-21-2015 11-03-00 AM.jpg

In the picture I have pointed to the icon you will want to click to change what file is going to be in the package.  Navigate to your install file and then click next.  In this case I also edited the package boot to uninstall the previous version of java or you can do any other changes you need first as well.

Now it should be able to be published like normal.  When the official revision gets released by solarwinds youll want to delete this package and use the official one but this will work in the mean time.