4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 11:57 AM by Parker Robinson

World Map Updates

percyhall

After updating the location field in my router and setting the 'Automatic Geolocation' in Web Console Settings, the World map don't display the right location.

• Re: World Map Updates
          sconway224

I am wondering this same thing.  How / when does the World-Map re-add items that have been modified?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Parker Robinson

What exactly did you enter in the location field?  The following are supported formats:

Format

Example

city (AA5), state (AA3)Lancaster, PA
              city, state, postalCodeLancaster, PA, 17601
              postalCode17601
              street, city, state300 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA
              street, city, state, postalCode300 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA, 17601
              street, postalCode300 Granite Run Dr, 17601
              latLng40.07546,-76.329999
              Parker Robinson

Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond to you as I have been swamped, both literally and figuratively.  My backyard has flooded and hopefully it doesn't get too much higher.  Anyway, to help answer your question, if you are going to go the custom property route, the easiest way I have found is to follow these directions:  https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-176239#start=25 .  You do not use lldp to set the snmp-location.  You use the command snmp-server location in configuration mode on the router to set it(i.e. snmp-server location 300 Granite Run Dr, Lancaster, PA or if you're doing lat/long:  snmp-server location 40.07546,-76.329999)

1 of 1 people found this helpful