Assuming that you have NPM 11.5 or later, you should be able to accomplish something like this:
1) Find your AlertID for the CPU Alert you mentioned (You can query the database with this)
SELECT AlertID, Name FROM AlertConfigurations WHERE Enabled = 1 ORDER BY AlertID
2) Once you have your AlertID, you can then go to your Orion Website and navigate to the "Manage Reports" section and then click "Create New Report"
3) Now, to set your data source, you want to use the "Alert History" object type and then add 2 limitations for AlertObject.AlertID and AlertHistory.EventType
- AlertObject.AlertID = the AlertID value you found in Step 1
- AlertHistory.EventType = 0 (this returns only events where the alert was triggered)
4) Now, to select your table columns, you want to grab AlertHistory.TimeStamp, AlertHistory.AlertHistoryID, and AlertObject.EntityCaption
- AlertHistory.TimeStamp = you want to hide this column from the result set, we are simply using this to provide a metric for time limitation
- AlertHistory.AlertHistoryID = you want to rename this column title to something like "Times Fired" and set you data aggregation to "COUNT"
- AlertObject.EntityCaption = you can rename this to something like "Device Name"
***You also want to set your time-based options to "YES" and do not summarize your results
5) Once you have your table set, you will be back at the main design page, make sure you change the time drop down next to your data source to whatever limitation you want and then proceed as normal.
6) Your end result should look like this:
Hope that helps!
Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services
Mate, that is perfect - thank you very much