This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Procedure to rename IPMON server?

I have a Windows 2003 server with IPMON 9 and need to rename the server but keep IPMON functioning after the rename.  I am concerned IPMON will stop working after renaming the server it is hosted on.  Will this cause an issue and is there a procedure I need to carry out in IPMON (in the app or database) to ensure it still works after renaming?

• Are you also changing the IP address?  Are you using SNMP as a communication type?  If you are not using SNMP that credentials should still work.  If you are using SNMP, and the IP address remains the same, you will want to make sure the remote systems are set to allow the IP address and not the original hostname.

• Communication type for my monitors are all RPC or WMI.  Not using SNMP.  IP Address is remaining the same.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

• Just a simple rename of the server worked for me and I my monitors still look good (RPC and WMI).  I can get to my IPMON webpage using the new server name.  Thanks 'bklyle' I was worried it was going to be more complicated than that!