This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP Address tracker login

I downloaded what is supposed to be the "free" version of IP Address Tracker, although what downloaded and installed is called IP Address Manager. Did it twice making sure I was clicking on the "free" button and got the same thing.  Installed OK but now can't login.Even though it says you can login the 1st time with no password - it isn't letting me in.  Anyone know the solution?

• The IP Address Manager does have a "free" trial, and I wonder if maybe that is what you clicked on, rather than the IP Address Tracker which is a free tool. Here is the direct download link for IPAT. Hope this helps...

Download a FREE trial of IP Address Tracker from SolarWinds

• Yes - that's the link I used - but it seems to download at least a version of IP Address Manager. Large download.I wonder if the link is messed up???

• Hmmm....that link does download the IPAT rather than IPAM. When you clicked on the download, did you happen to see this page and click on that download button? Rather silly question, but just trying to figure out why it's not giving you the correct download. As for the login, did you attempt to login with the username as "admin" and no password and it's failing?

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 10.40.32 AM.png

• No I didn't try that link. Didn't look like Address Tracker, but I can try it.  Yes - I tried to login as "admin" with no password and it fails.  Tried to guess a few passwords - no luck. I'm leery of the links because you'll notice that the button says "Free Trial" but right below it say "Fully functional for 30 days". Which makes me think it's not really the free version of Address Tracker. That note isn't under the button for the link you suggested and I used. I wonder if they're just not offering the free version of Address Tracker anymore.

• You're correct that the link isn't IPAT; I just wanted to make sure you didn't click on that one. The only other thing that I can think is that maybe someone else in your organization already downloaded IPAT at one point and actually created a user account? Is that possible? We definitely still offer IPAT as that is one of our most popular Free Tools.

• It would be my group. I know one person downloaded it a LONG time ago and I just wanted to do a new download in case it was a newer version.  If it's a free tool - then it shouldn't matter how many downloads we do. The problem is that I can't seem to find the correct link for the free version. I can always go back and use the old version we have already.

• No problem! If you already have a running copy, I don't believe we've had a revision on it for quite some time, but that might also be why you're not able to download it. If you're downloading to the same location, our software will recognize a previously installed copy and give weird results. :-(

Thankfully you already have an existing copy, so that's good! :-)