3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2015 9:52 AM by it@cristoreybalt.org

Create tickets on e-mails - Subject text for assigning to a specific request type

aaron22

I currently have all tickets generated by e-mail dump into a general request type, I want to keep this setting.  However, I want to know what subject text I would need if I wanted an e-mail sent to a specific request type category.  For example, if I wanted certain e-mails sent to our WHD email placed in the "Hardware" category, what text would I need in the subject line to do so?

• Re: Create tickets on e-mails - Subject text for assigning to a specific request type
          luis leandro

Hi,

I'd suggest to create an action rule. I did some testing about this procedure and it works like a gem. Go to Setup > Processes > Action Rules and create one. For the category and action, see below screenshots.

Created a subject that contains a keyword.

category.png

Went to actions tab and selected modify ticket and edited it to assign to a specific request type. Saved the action rule.

Action rule new.png

Created a ticket through email and the action rule worked fine and assigned it to the request type specified in the rule.

ticket sample.png

Let me know if we're on the same page.

• Re: Create tickets on e-mails - Subject text for assigning to a specific request type
              aaron22

Wouldn't that affect ALL incoming e-mails?  I already have incoming emails set those tickets in a general category and I don't want that to change.  To be more specific; I'm setting up a web filter that will have a block page with the WHD email link to create a ticket, (assuming the block is incorrect and needs whitelisted).  I want emails from that web filter block link to be categorized as 'web filter' within WHD.

As far as WHD sees it, this would just be another email generated ticket so I believe the only way to categorize it differently is to edit the text in the incoming email's subject line, but I don't know what the text needs to be for WHD to categorize it for the web filter.  I imagine this should be similar to how clients can close tickets by sending an e-mail, with "Ticket:### Status:Closed" in the subject line.