4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 3:19 AM by billypilgrim

Asset Custom Fields question

billypilgrim

Hi

Is there any obvious logic to which Asset Custom Fields appear in the Assets tab when creating a ticket? I have recently added some servers to our assets (added manually, not via auto-discovery) and since then one of the custom fields I created and which only applies to my "Servers" Asset type is displayed (despite being blank) in the Asset tab for every client when logging a ticket. I am assuming I have missed something somewhere?

Thanks!

• Re: Asset Custom Fields question
          kellytice

That seems really odd; an asset custom field shouldn't be showing up in the ticket submission.   Perhaps a screenshot or two would help illustrate the issue?  

If you're under maintenance i would likely open a support ticket on that as it doesn't sound right.

• Re: Asset Custom Fields question
              billypilgrim

Hi

Yes, maybe I didn't explain this very well. So I am going...

Step 1 - Click on New Ticket

Step 2 - Lookup & choose the client on the Client Info tab

Step 3 - Click on the Asset Info tab, which shows their assigned assets. It is on this page I am seeing an Asset Custom field which is not appropriate for the asset type (shown in the screenshot, Machine Type (IBM)).

If the Client has no assigned assets & I look up an asset it is the same, the unwanted Custom Field is showing.

CF.JPG

If you think this is a defect rather than how I have set it up I will log a ticket...

Thanks,