This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can Default or Built-In email templates be modified?

For example, for the Outgoing email template Default Ticket Greeting, it is coded as follows:

<first_name>, thanks for using the service desk ticketing system. You can check the status of your ticket (<ticket_id>) at

<login_url>

Can additional text be added such as, "Please do not reply to this email directly, to update this ticket, please click on the Add Note link below or email support@mycompany.com directly, reference your Ticket number." (without the quotes)

I tried modifying a template and hit Save, but it's not showing up with the added text.  Or do I need to create a custom template?

Thanks.

• I just answered my own question, I was modifying the Default Ticket Greeting, but I actually had to modify the Open Ticket Greeting.  I discovered this when I did a ticket update and saw the modified message on created on the Default Ticket Greeting but I also needed to make these changes to the Open Ticket Greeting as well for newly issued tickets.