This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Relationship between SWQL and SQL

Hi,

Is there any information/documentation about the relationships between SWIS object and SQL tables and columns? For example, Orion.NPM.Nodes => dbo.NodesData and dbo.NodesCustomProperties, Orion.NPM.Interfaces => dbo.Interfaces. At least, I think it should be for some specific table and objects.

• Hello,

the information you're requesting is not exposed via API as it's really just internal, but you can find the info you need from the Information Service schemas(by default stored in c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Information Service\3.0\Schemas\). For your personal research you can use them (just read only), but it's strictly not recommended to do the modifications. The mapping between entities and DB tables/views you can find inside of <modelsMapping> element of the schema, so e.g. for Orion.Nodes go to OrionSchema.xml and search for its mapping fragments:

<entityMapping entity="Orion.Nodes">

<mappingFragment storage="dbo.NodesData">

Does my reply answer your question?

H.

• Hi Diner‌,

Your reply is OK for me. Thank you so much.