This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application monitoring

Hello, I hope I'm in the right area or even site for the product that I'm referring to! I'm a software testing for a large company. I have intermediate knowledge of IT and if I don't have an answer for you I can get it. So the issue I have is that my company is using a Solar winds product. I can't be sure exactly what product it is, but I can say that it is a application monitoring product, displayed in pie charts, that alerts us when one of our applications is having an error or exception.

The problem is that it's only displayed on a TV that's setup in a really bad place, behind our heads, so we can't really get a jump start on the errors and notify any developers of what's going on more quickly.

So my question is, is there a way to get Solarwinds displayed on our pc's? I know this is a very broad question lacking details, but I would appreciate any help!!!

Thank you

• You got the correct site, but I'm going to move this question to the SAM forum because the software you're referring to is our Server & Application Monitor. That group has lots of followers and they should be able to help you out. Welcome to thwack!

• Orion is a web based application, so it should be easily accessible from any device with a web browser. Simply enter the IP address of the Orion server into your browser (assuming it's running on port 80 and SSL is not required) and you should be prompted to enter your Orion credentials. Alternatively Server & Application Monitor 6.2 includes a new desktop notification application that can be used to receive alerts from Orion on your computer without needing to keep your web browser open or constantly checking your email.

9-16-2014 2-42-05 PM.png