2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 11:41 AM by vjerez4129

How do I limit an account to how many nested maps it can view?

lbrowne

For instance, I want a very high level - for non technical audience type account which I already have everything stripped out of it and it can only view our main top level map.

There's anywhere from 6-8 nested maps that give a closer look of the lay of the land,(containing several nested maps again, but are the last stop before bottom) but I don't them to get past that and look at the ground level infrastructure layout.

Is there a way to do this?

• Re: How do I limit an account to how many nested maps it can view?
          lbrowne

Anyone? Or is this even possible?

• Re: How do I limit an account to how many nested maps it can view?
              vjerez4129

Just saw your question and was kinda interested if I could try doing something like that (still a SolarWinds noobie myself ) but I got this far.

This would be what the map would look like if you put a few account limitations, however you can still see the switches listed below the map >.> but putting limitations on the account so they couldn't see more info on the ground level infrastructure might help a bit.

test purposes.PNG

The other theory I tried so far is deleting the hyperlink on the map so they couldn't click on it to see the lower maps, but that would be universal on that map >.> and that didn't work out very well... I know these probably don't help very much but, at least i'm trying to come up with some ideas i'll see if i can figure something else out