4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2015 8:06 AM by ice

Alerting on Bandwidth Usage

azabielski

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is even possible with the current versions or i would have to make something to do it but i am looking for a way to alert when one of the ip segments is approaching a hard value, such as one i set for the 95th.

Thank you,

• Re: Alerting on Bandwidth Usage
          ice

not possible at the moment. I suggest to post it as a feature request.

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/community/feature-request_tht

superfly99

Not sure if I understand correctly but let's say you want to alert if a link hits 95% utilization, you can do this with Advanced Alert Manager.

ice

superfly99 - if that will be the case, of course you can do that. There are pre-canned alerts that you can build on Advance alert manager. You can choose from TX or RX percent utilization or you can 1 alert and combine both with the OR statement on TX or RX.

But if you are looking to use a filter of IP address Group feature on Solarwinds NTA application (where it monitors the Endpoints not nodes on NPM), you cannot use or there is no available type of property to alert if your TX or RX percent utilization on an interface reached 95% and it is narrow down on your WAN link and to your IP address group.

If you are looking to alert for a group of interfaces (from different devices) and if any of those interfaces reached 95% of utilization, you can build a custom property (interface type - to group those interfaces) and you can create a new alert with Interface type of property and use the custom property to filter it to those interfaces only.

if you are looking to use your current group of devices to alert if any of those interfaces reached 95%, you cannot use that filter on a Interface type property alert for interface utilization.

ice

also if you want it only for a single interface - you can use the pre-defined alerts for utilization and add another simple condition statement "Full name is equal to (name of the interface).