This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Simple Command issue

Hello everyone!

For some reason, I cannot get the "copy run start" command to be executed in a script for NCM. I have tried:

Copy run start

Copy run start

${CR}

Copy run start

${CRLF}

None of these have worked for me. I SSHed into the switch, ran the command normally, and it worked fine so I know at least the switch itself is working. I also verified that NCM no longer sees a conflict between the running and startup. I download a new set of configs after each attempt at the copy command. Logging into the switch normally has been the only way that has worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Hmm...  Just a guess, but in the newer version of NCM they collapse multiple returns into one, which I wish they wouldn't do.   That means if you previously left several blank lines before to automatically press enter to prompts like "Destination filename [startup-config]", they don't work quite right now.   I would recommend trying something like this...

copy run start

startup-config

dir

or possibly try it with multiple CRLF's instead.  I usually use \n, but you could try:

copy run start${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}

put some extra in just to make sure...

• Thanks for the reply Craig,

copy run start

startup-config

dir

worked for me. The CRLF, even when using multiple, still would not simulate an enter press like I wanted it to.

Thanks again!

• Yea, I wasn't sure if it would, which is why I resorted to the "dummy" dir command which I knew would work.  That's how I've been getting around this problem.

@@Solarwinds, you really need to fix this!!!   Stop getting rid of the extra carriage returns in our scripts!!  It used to work great, if you wanted an extra return, you just put a return in your script.   Now if you tried something like this:

copy run start

show ver

It would copy your running config to a file called either "show" or "show ver"!

It was so simple before and now we're having to do tricks in order to get the scripting to work like we want.  So please change it back and let scripts we put in be taken as-is and not translated at all!!

• Ok, to make sure Solarwinds takes notice, I've created a voting topic on this to get them to go back to the old behavior...

Go vote here!!