4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 4:28 AM by muralikvp

Display DHCP-Server in Report

storniga

Hi,

I am currently working on creating some custom reports and was wondering how I can create a report containing subnets as well as the dhcp-server where these subnets are configured.

I have different sites, some subnets are in one site while the corresponding dhcp server is located somewhere else - if someone searches for a subnet and then wants to make some changes at the dhcp server, the person needs to know which dhcp-server he needs to alter.

My reports look e.g. something like this:

select * from IPAM_Group g

join IPAM_GroupAttrData d on g.GroupId = d.GroupId

where g.GroupType='8' and d.Category='Client'

order by g.Location, d.Site;

Is there maybe already a attribute in this tables that contain the name of the dhcp server, or can i join this information into my query somehow??

• Re: Display DHCP-Server in Report
          storniga

PLEASE HELP!

I know that, when I'm in the network view I can see the dhcp server when I go to the coloum "Scopes in Subnet" and hover over the content of this coloum..

but I really need to have the DHCP server name displayed in reports as well

muralikvp

This below query will display the subnet and corresponding DHCP server name

select DHCPServer.FoundAddress as 'DHCP Server Name',g.FriendlyName as 'Subnet Name'  from IPAM_Group g inner join
                [IPAM_DhcpScopeDetails] scope on  (g.GroupId = scope.SubnetId)
                inner join IPAM_DhcpServerDetails DHCPServer on (DHCPServer.NodeId = scope.NodeId)
                 where GroupType = 8

This will give you the desired results.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  storniga

Thank you very very much!

I was wondering how I can have the hostname in addition to the ip address of the DHCP-Server, is that stored in another table again and I have to make another join??

muralikvp

Use this below query you will get the DHCP server name as well

select n.SysName as 'DHCP server Name' , DHCPServer.FoundAddress as 'DHCP Server IP',g.FriendlyName as 'Subnet Name' 
                        from IPAM_Group g 
                        inner join [IPAM_DhcpScopeDetails] scope on  (g.GroupId = scope.SubnetId)
                        inner join IPAM_DhcpServerDetails DHCPServer on (DHCPServer.NodeId = scope.NodeId)
                        inner join Nodes n on (n.NodeID = DHCPServer.NodeId)      
                        where GroupType = 8

1 of 1 people found this helpful