This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Delete / archive old Request Types

We want to reconfigure our WHD and I want to deactivate the existing request types and set new ones up to use in the future.  How can I do this and keep those old request types linked to existing open or historic tickets?  I have found that if I delete a request type it reverts any tickets associated with that to a default request type and i lose the ability to report by request type.

• This is a bit challenging. I guess the best way for WHD to work for your needs would be to hide those Request Types from Clients by going to Setup > Tickets > Request Types > [select a request type] > then uncheck "Visible to Clients". Be aware though that these request types will still show up to Techs as an available drop down option for Request Types if they create or edit a ticket. emoticons_happy.png

• I asked pretty much the same thing here: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/78120

Basically, there isn't a good way.  I reassigned a bunch of tickets to different ticket types before I deleted a few, but discovered that if the assigned tech of the reassigned ticket is no longer active, it will reassign the ticket automatically per the ticket assignment policies, so I flooded our techs with reassignment emails.

And unfortunately, now those tickets are inaccurate as to who really worked the ticket.

WHD does not handle this well, at all.  Something as simple as an "active=1 or 0" in the database to determine if it appears in dropdowns would be great.

• matt8 wrote:

I asked pretty much the same thing here: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/78120

Basically, there isn't a good way.  I reassigned a bunch of tickets to different ticket types before I deleted a few, but discovered that if the assigned tech of the reassigned ticket is no longer active, it will reassign the ticket automatically per the ticket assignment policies, so I flooded our techs with reassignment emails.

And unfortunately, now those tickets are inaccurate as to who really worked the ticket.

WHD does not handle this well, at all.  Something as simple as an "active=1 or 0" in the database to determine if it appears in dropdowns would be great.

Yes agreed - this doesn't sounds difficult to change and with any case type data it's essential to keep the audit trail correct but be able to adapt and reconfigure systems as things change.  Very frustrating.  Thanks for your reply