This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SRM Retention Settings

Hey team,

I'm looking for, and really struggling, to find the retention settings for SRM.  Can you tell me where these settings are located?  Or do they correlate with another setting, NPM node or volume retention settings for example?

Thanks,

Jason Henson

Loop1 Systems

http://www.Loop1Systems.com/

• Hi ,

The settings are not correlated with any other module's settings, but the link should be in the same area as for example NPM. Maybe I am not follow what you particularly mean, but the SRM settings path is following: "Settings" (top right corner) -> "Product Specific Settings" group -> "SRM Settings"

If I misunderstood what you really need, please let me know.

Regards,

Lubo

• Lubo,

Thank you sir for the reply.  Yes, I am looking for something more.  I'm specifically looking for the retention settings.  As you can see from this screen shot...SRM Settings 2.JPG

You'll see the history stored under Performance Summary.  I need to know where I tell SRM how much history to hold onto before purging it during nightly maintenance.

Here's is a capture of my SRM Settings.  I've looked in here, and maybe I'm overlooking it, but I don't see where I can tell SRM how much history to retain. 

SRM Settings 1.JPG

The Admin Guide (or Help Guide in this case) doesn't say anything about retention configurations which I thought was odd when others do.  Is the 'Help Guide' any less of an Administrative Guide than the other products offer in their documentation?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jason

• Hey Jason,

well, yeah, thanks a lot for the screenshots you put here. Now I have better understanding of what you wanted to know. So to answer it, yes, the settings are shared and those are not module related, so you might want to take a look to "Settings" (top right corner) -> "Thresholds & Polling" group -> "Polling Settings" and on the page you can see the "Database Settings" section as it is pictured below.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Lubo

• Lubo,

Thank you so much. This is a great help! 

Jason